Rob Shambaugh – chair
Mayor Kulman (no vote)
Purpose: The public health and safety committee shall work towards ensuring the public safety of the Borough and will work to coordinate the activities of the fire, police, fire police and emergency services departments towards those ends.
Specific duties assigned:
- Act as liaison between council and fire, police, fire police and EMC
- Work with all agencies to develop and annually evaluate emergency planning
- Work with all departments to ensure sufficient staffing, training, and safety is in place.
- Develop public safety sections of the budget.
- Prepare a monthly report to council on activities
- Prepare an annual public safety report
Provides guidance to: Police, Fire Chief, Fire Police EMC
Composition: Two council members as assigned by the Council President. Meeting attendance requested of fire chief, EMC, fire police and police representative. Mayor to attend as police representative.