William Dalzell – chair
Purpose: The planning, zoning and environmental committee shall work with the Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Board, the Zoning Officer, and Solicitor to oversee all aspect of Planning, Zoning, Green Infrastructure and related Regulatory Compliance within the Borough . The Chair shall serve as an alternate to the Planning Commission.
Specific duties assigned:
- Act as liaison between council, planning commission and zoning hearing boards
- Review and update all ordinances pertaining to land use and planning.
- Develop planning strategies that promote green infrastructure, MS4 compliance, and the preservation of Marietta’s heritage and historic resources.
- Review regulatory compliance of issues such as, but not limited to MS-4, flood plain, and storm water management.
- Direct Borough staff and consultants in areas of planning, zoning, and compliance.
- Make recommendations to Council on all matters of planning, zoning, environmental impact, and historic preservation.
- Develop Boroughs Comprehensive Plan, SALDO, Storm water management Ordinance, Floodplain Ordinance, Zoning Ordinances and Codes
- Oversee the enforcement of all ordinances and codes pertaining to planning, zoning, and land use.
- Prepare a monthly report to council on activities
- Work with the Planning Commission on the annual report.
Provides guidance to: Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Board, Zoning Officer ( as assigned)
Composition: Three members as assigned by the Council President.